Let’s take the initiative. Here are a few ways to reduce plastic waste!
Cupping Initiative, the authorised distributor of KeepCup in the Philippines, believes that living a sustainable lifestyle should be the norm. Let’s redefine convenience.
Disposable coffee cups has become a major problem across the world. Most single-use cups cannot be recycled and end up in landfill, which is adding up into a colossal amount of waste!
Yes, living a plastic-free lifestyle might sound crazy and difficult, but it’s not impossible. Here are a few ways to help reduce plastic:
1. Bring your own KeepCup. Over one year, Keepcup reduces landfill by at least 99%. There is enough plastic in 20 disposable cups and lids to make a small KeepCup. Plus, saves you P5 when you bring your own cup to cafes!
2. Bring a reusable bag. A plastic bag can take from 15 to 1, 000 years to break down. You are actively contributing to global warming each time you use a plastic bag. A reusable bag can go a long long way before needing a replacement saving the environment and saving you money. It’s a win-win!
3. Ditch plastic straws. Our heart breaks seeing marine life suffering the consequences of our mindless choices. According to Strawless Ocean in the US, plastic straws are too lightweight to recycle. Every straw you’ve ever used exists today. It just degrades until it's microscopic.
4. Buy in bulk. Select bigger containers instead of single-use packages. This will help reduce a huge amount of waste over time.
5. Spread the word. Most people are not aware of the harm that single-use plastic products do to the environment. #TaketheInitiative to set positive actions and be a #changemaker Everything is better when we do it together.