The World is Burning but it's Not Too Late! Here are a Few Simple Ways to Help Mother Earth.
In 2019, Amazon and Africa's wildfires have killed thousands of wildlife and destroyed our ecosystems. Today, Australia is burning and is experiencing one of its worst droughts in decades due to climate change. Many have lost their homes and half a billion animals have been wiped out.
Weather conditions are growing more extreme, but what can we do about it?
Donations can be made to several organizations, including AU Red Cross, Animals Australia, WWF Australia, WIRES
But donating isn’t the only way to help. Paying more attention to the things we buy and do and keeping sustainability in mind can help fight climate change.
It is said that doing something for 21 days straight forms a habit. Let’s start 2020 the right way! We challenge you to do these things for 21 days straight.
1. Bring your own reusable cup. Most plastic cups can’t be recycled and ends up straight to landfill.
2. Bring your own reusable grocery bag. It can also be used for a lot more than your groceries. Tote bags are more durable and spacious. You can basically use it for anything!
3. Put the 3 R’s of sustainability into practice. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
4. Refuse single-use packagings. If we stop buying plastic, eventually manufacturers would have to stop making it.
5. Save energy. Don’t leave your appliances on standby. Not only can we save energy, we also save money at the end of the month, which is a win-win!
6. Reduce emissions. Whenever possible, use sustainable transportation more often. A little goes a long way. Let’s redefine convenience. There’s no planet B!